8 In stock
These Helicopter leaders create a semi-fixed lead arrangement and offer anglers the safest method of fishing with leadcore leaders.
Constructed using 1.5m pre-spliced Gardner Heavy Plummet Leadcore (45lb B/S) and Covert components. This system is tied in the UK.
Essentially, these Helicopter Leaders use Covert Safety beads and 0.5mm silicon tube to make sure the hooklink can separate from the leader if necessary. The lead is mounted on the end of the leader using a Covert X-Small Speed Link so it’s easy to change lead – increasing or decreasing size to suit individual angling circumstances.
By mounting the lead on end of the leader the finished arrangement is extremely aerodynamic – making this style of rig popular for long range fishing and this arrangement is well known for having good anti-tangle properties.
This lead arrangement is easily adjusted to work on a wide variety of different lake beds, simply by adjusting the distance that the hooklink is stopped above the lead. For instance, in silt push the 0.5mm silicon tube ‘stop’ further away from the lead; this ensures that when the lead plummets down into the sediment it doesn’t drag the hookbait down with it. Alternatively, if you’re fishing on hard sand or gravel spots the silicon stop is positioned close to the lead – so that the bolt effect is maximised. For Chod rigs simply slide the silicon tube/stop further up the leader.
These leaders are available in green or brown.
Ready to go in three steps:
1. Tie on the Helicopter Leader with a strong and reliable knot (*see guide below).
2. Mount lead weight needed onto the Covert Extra Small Speed Link.
3. Mount your hooklink on the size 12 Covert Kwik Lok Flexi Ring swivel. Keep hooklink firmly in position with a small section of tubing or a Covert Anti Tangle Sleeve.
Rig adjustments for different lake beds:
- For silt and light weed, slide the 0.5mm silicon section 8-10cm away from the lead. This means that the lead is in the silt but the hooklink will settle on top of the debris.
- Fishing on firm sand or gravel keep the stop approximately 1cm above the lead.
Recommended connection between mainline to spliced loop at the top of the leader:
- With Copolymer lines A ‘loop to loop’ is extremely consistent – created by forming a strong figure of 8 loop knot in mainline. A popular alternative to use a 5 turn Grinner Knot, normally best tied ‘once through spliced loop’.
- With Fluorocarbon lines we recommend a Tucked Blood Knot with 3 or 4 turns.
RETURNS, REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
We are more than happy to exchange any unwanted items, provided they are returned unused, in perfect condition and in the original packaging within 14 days of delivery. Postage refunds will not be issued in such circumstances.
If we have made an error with your order, we will rectify it as soon as possible and cover the cost of any postage.
Please call us before returning any goods.
Please also remember to inspect your delivery carefully and notify us of any damage within 24 hours.
If an item has been damaged in transit we will replace it as quickly as we can. If an item has broken in normal use and it is within its warranty period, it must be returned to us along with a short note consisting of your name, address, a contact telephone number and an explanation outlining the circumstances of the damage.
Generally, items must be inspected by a manufacturer's representative before any replacements can be issued.
The goods in question need to be returned within 14 days of delivery.
Under these circumstances the return postage will be met by the customer.
Please remember to inspect your delivery carefully and notify us of any damage within 24 hours, we will then take the appropriate action.
If an item develops a fault during normal use and is within its warranty period, please return it with a note outlining the issue that has occurred, plus your name, address and a contact telephone number or E-mail address. Generally items must be inspected by a manufacturer’s representative before any replacement can be issued. If there is found to be a manufacturing fault any postage costs incurred by the customer will also be refunded.