Gardner Ultra Skin 20m
The new Gardner Ultra Skin is a super soft, supple and ‘skinned’ braided hooklink material.
ULTRA SKIN SILT VERSION IS NOW AVAILABLE!
Ultra Skin is available in three matt colours – Green, Brown and Silt and in three breaking strains – 15lb, 25lb and 35lb. These are perfectly suited a wide range of carp and specialist angling situations.
The 15lb strain has a very low diameter (only 0.50mm) and has been used with huge success by both carp and specimen anglers looking for a hooklink that offers finesse without compromising reliability.
The 25lb version is the all rounder for the carp specialist. It retains a low profile whilst the extra strength doesn’t mean a significant jump up in finished diameter, and at 0.55mm it is still amazingly thin for a 25lb skinned hooklink!
In 35lb Ultra Skin is simply formidable! It is capable of coping with the most arduous big carp fishing situations, despite only being a fraction thicker than the 25lb versions. If you’re fishing for big carp on a big water, near snags or pads, you’ll need a hooklink to rely on and this is it.
- Skinned hooklinks have been widely available for many years now, Ultra Skin now offers significant improvements in terms of feel, colour, finish and ease of use.
- It is really the softest and supplest material of its type; with the colours carefully specified and tweaked until we were 100% satisfied they were the best hue and 100% correct.
- The matt finish isn’t only for show; it really helps the material blend into the aquatic environment and the soft feel means that if a fish bumps into it, whilst feeding on a baited spot, it feels ‘natural’ and is less likely to alarm a fish that may be a bit ‘edgy’. Of course this is also helped by the fact that the material sinks well, and is more likely to settle flush to the lake bed.
- As anglers we realise that most soft hooklinks need pinning down (because the hook bait tends to drop nearer the lead than the length of the hooklink) and a blob of Critical Mass tungsten putty half way along the hooklink really makes a difference to your final presentation – even with really heavy hooklink materials like Ultra Skin – particularly if you’re fishing on hard spots that are very clean due to feeding fish.
- Ultra Skin is easy to strip and will not rupture whilst tightening down a well tied ‘figure of 8’ loop knot.
- The unique polymer mix used in the skin means that Ultra Skin straightens easily*, even just using your fingertips.
(*Keeping your hooklinks straight is important, as it improves the manner in which the rig settles and helps to alleviate tangles. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference in terms of a rig’s overall performance.)
Is this the best skinned hooklink available? We think so…