Out of stock
Introducing the baby brother of the original ESP Onyx reel, the new Compact version features all of the same excellent technical attributes of the original, but in a smaller, lighter (200g lighter) unit.
Featuring a sleek, understated black livery and diminutive in size (similar to a 5000 Emblem) when compared with the original, it comes with two bespoke anodized aluminium spools, Shallow, designed to accommodate 300m of 15lb (0.37mm) and Ultra Shallow for 300m of 12lb (0.33mm). This means that three reels can be filled from a 1,000m bulk spool with minimal waste.
The solid foundation provided by the shallow spools where no ‘spongey’ backing is required and slow oscillation result in exceptionally good line lay with no bedding in, ensuring optimum casting distances can be achieved. A gear ratio of 4.8:1 provides a fast retrieve of 0.95m of line with every turn of the handle.
The Compact is supplied with two different drag adjusters – FD (Fine Drag for micro adjustment) and RL (Rapid Lockdown for free running to locked down in around half a turn).
Another desirable feature is the quick fold handle with a dark wood paddle, for rapid deployment and pack down and also allows the handle to be folded in use for super snug rod setups.
- Machined, anodized long cast taper spools.
- Shallow - for 300m of 15lb (0.37mm)
- Ultra Shallow - for 300m of 12lb (0.33mm)
- Three reels can be filled from a 1,000m bulk spool of mono – no backing required.
- Slow oscillation ensures exceptionally smooth line lay which helps distance casting and accuracy.
- Two interchangeable drag adjusters - the reel can be used with either the FD (fine drag) adjuster for small incremental changes in resistance, or the RL (rapid lockdown) which allows quick adjustment from low resistance to locked down in around half a turn of the adjustment knob.
- Quick fold handle - for speedy setup and pack down and also allows the handle to be folded for snug rod setups.
- Stainless steel line clip for secure damage free clipping up.
- 7 + 1 stainless bearings, machined gears and a 4.8:1 gear ratio for fast retrieve (approximately 0.95m per rotation of the reel handle).
- Rotor brake
- Front drag grit guard
- Easily accessible large anti-reverse lever.
- Stylish matt black finish with subtle silver decals.
- Every single reel thoroughly QA checked by expert in-house staff in the UK
RETURNS, REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
We are more than happy to exchange any unwanted items, provided they are returned unused, in perfect condition and in the original packaging within 14 days of delivery. Postage refunds will not be issued in such circumstances.
If we have made an error with your order, we will rectify it as soon as possible and cover the cost of any postage.
Please call us before returning any goods.
Please also remember to inspect your delivery carefully and notify us of any damage within 24 hours.
If an item has been damaged in transit we will replace it as quickly as we can. If an item has broken in normal use and it is within its warranty period, it must be returned to us along with a short note consisting of your name, address, a contact telephone number and an explanation outlining the circumstances of the damage.
Generally, items must be inspected by a manufacturer's representative before any replacements can be issued.
The goods in question need to be returned within 14 days of delivery.
Under these circumstances the return postage will be met by the customer.
Please remember to inspect your delivery carefully and notify us of any damage within 24 hours, we will then take the appropriate action.
If an item develops a fault during normal use and is within its warranty period, please return it with a note outlining the issue that has occurred, plus your name, address and a contact telephone number or E-mail address. Generally items must be inspected by a manufacturer’s representative before any replacement can be issued. If there is found to be a manufacturing fault any postage costs incurred by the customer will also be refunded.