Daiwa Black Widow G50 Carp Rod
The Black Widows offer power and distance with good fish playing properties. The action allows for high casting power and surprising accuracy. Notably, each rod will load across its length when required when playing fish. This results in a good cushion for hook holds and ‘under the tip’ lunges.
- Lightweight carbon blanks
- DPS style reel seat
- Slim profile full shrink grip handle
- Stainless steel frame guides
- Lightweight LS ceramic rings
- 50mm Butt guides (Except BWC0300-BU model)
- Aluminium butt cap
A users review of the Daiwa Black Widow G50 Rods
- Personally, I believe that the Daiwa Black Widow G50 Rods are great value for money. I have used both models now and can honestly say they have been a great set of rods. For how cheap they are, I was expecting them to be a half-decent rod, and I was going to struggle with certain runs depending on; how hard the fish was playing or snags e.g. weed beds, but they are a cracking piece of kit. The first time I took my new Black Widow Rods out was a trip to Drayton Reservoir, and that place is rammed with fish, the average fishing being above 12lb, but the problem was the whole way around the lake, there were boards where we had to fish from, and the fish had been known to go straight under these boards and swim around the pillows holding the boards up, in an attempt to pull the hook. This is what I was worried about... but the Black Widow rods were amazing. I was bullying the fish right underneath my feet, with the biggest of the session being 17.8lb.