Nash Bank Life Bivvy Heater
The Nash Bank Life Bivvy Heater is a stylish and eco-friendly way to warm your living space when the temperatures plummet. Safety is at the core of the heater's design as there have been far too many accidents, some fatal with gas style heaters. In addition, the heater is safe to burn citronella candles and mosquito coils in the warmer months to keep away the biting bugs.
This heater runs on nothing more than five tealight candles inside the inner chamber, and you will be shocked by the amount of heat the bivvy heater kicks out. We raised the temperature inside a T1 bivvy by 10 degrees when testing it out. Because the heater only uses candles to heat it, it eliminates the harmful Carbon Monoxide that you get when using a gas bivvy heater, which can kill you.
The heater has a simple clip open design with a removable carry handle and a heatproof EVA base. It has a stylish design with a matte black powder coat finish; comfort can't be any easier than this.
The problem with a gas heater is the need for a lot of ventilation, so you go cold as soon as you turn it off. With the Nash candle heater, you use it like your heating at home. Light it in a safe place in your bivvy or tent, then zip the door shut, leaving a slight gap at the bottom to allow some airflow. Whenever you go out, make sure you zip your bivvy door down to keep in the warmth, and you will have a very comfortable living space to go back to. The heater doesn't just heat the air inside the bivvy, it also starts to warm your items inside so they don't keep the temperature low.
Tips for using the heater:
- Use the 8-hour burn tealight candle, not the standard, which only lasts for around 4 hours.
- Have the heater ready to light, so in the morning when you wake, you can light it an hour or so before you get up, so it warms the bivvy.